HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error / Unable to start debugging

Gary L

I'm receiving the error:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server.

This started when I installed VS 2008. I've been running 2003 and 2005 side
by side with no troubles. Once I installed 2008 I couldn't copy my 2003
project to the server. I'd get an error message which read:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Being unable to resolve this I uninstalled VS 2008 and attempted to restore
things to the way they were. Now I'm getting the same error mentioned above.
It doesn't matter whether I've set for debug or release, it won't build.

I've tried aspnet_regiis -i, iisreset, and deleting and re-creating my IIS
application name. None of this seems to help. Unless someone can answer
this question soon looks like I'll be re-installing everything.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Gary

George Ter-Saakov

Make sure you have .NET 1.1 set in IIS Management console for your 2003
project.

When you install 2008 it makes a 2.0 as a default

George.

Gary L

That was it! Thanks a lot!