HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

MW de Jager

My ASP DOTNET was working fine yesterday. I've restarted my PC since, and
now I get a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error when I try to open a web
application or start a new one.

I've already tried aspnet_regiis -i and -i -enable, but this makes no
difference.

Any clues to what caused this problem?

Thanks in advance
MW de Jager

MW de Jager

The following 2 messages are in the event log.

aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

Kind regards

MW de Jager