Http/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Guest

When I am trying to create new ASP.NET application is is throwing the
following error message.

"The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the webproject located at the following URL
"http://localhost/WebApplcation1". "Http/1.1 500 Internal Server Error"

Please note that IIS is running and ASPNet user is enabled.

I even tried this option

To fix IIS mappings for ASP.NET, run the Aspnet_regiis.exe utility:1. Click
Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open text box, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
3. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i

4. Run the IIS server again by IISRESET.

Nothing worked ...Please help me in solvinf this problem...

Guest

try putting a POHTML (Plain old HTML) file in the folder and request it via
HTTP In your browser. If that works, then you know it is an ASP.NET issue.
There are a log of variables that can come into play here. Is it an IIS
Application? What version of the Framework is it set to run under? If Windows
Server (IIS 6.0) do you have separate appPools for 1.1 and 2.0 version apps?
etc.
Peter

Guest

Thanks for reply . If I put the Plain HTML file and try to browse from IIS I
get an error "Page cannot be displayed".

Yes it san IIS application.
ver1.1 framework is running.

I have IIS 6 also installed.

Please help me solving the problem.