    readResponse(url_3)

    i m a python newbie and pls forgive me if this question sounds silly.
    thanks in advance for any help.

    noviceUser, May 17, 2004

  2. noviceUser

    Ivan Voras Guest

    noviceUser wrote:
    > can some one guide me how to use HTTP 1.1 pipelining in Python.
    >
    > Client will generate 3 get requests continuously as shown below and
    > then read the response for each GET request.
    >
    > Algorithm
    > ----------
    > GET(ur1_l)
    > GET(url_2)
    > GET(url_3)
    > readResponse(url_1)
    > readResponse(url_2)
    > readResponse(url_3)

    I don't think this is how HTTP/1.1 pipelining works. It is still a
    request-response protocol - the only "pipelining" is in the fact that it
    doesn't require a separate connection session for each request-response
    pair. That is:

    HTTP/1.0:
    <establish connection>
    GET(url_1)
    readResponse(url_1)
    <close connection>
    <establish connection>
    GET(url_2)
    readResponse(url_2)
    <close connection>
    <establish connection>
    GET(url_3)
    readResponse(url_3)
    <close connection>

    HTTP/1.1:
    <establish connection>
    GET(url_1)
    readResponse(url_1)
    GET(url_2)
    readResponse(url_2)
    GET(url_3)
    readResponse(url_3)
    <close connection>

    Or maybe you are thinking of establishing parallel connections? In that
    case look for some examples using threads and sockets...

    --
    C isn't that hard: void (*(*f[])())() defines f as an array of
    unspecified size, of pointers to functions that return pointers to

    Ivan Voras, May 17, 2004

  3. noviceUser

    JanC Guest

    Ivan Voras <ivoras@__geri.cc.fer.hr> schreef:

    > I don't think this is how HTTP/1.1 pipelining works. It is still a
    > request-response protocol - the only "pipelining" is in the fact that it
    > doesn't require a separate connection session for each request-response
    > pair.

    "Pipelining" != "Connection: Keep-Alive"

    <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/http/pipelining-faq.html>

    --
    JanC

    JanC, May 18, 2004
  4. noviceUser

    Ivan Voras Guest

    JanC wrote:

    > Ivan Voras <ivoras@__geri.cc.fer.hr> schreef:
    >

    >>I don't think this is how HTTP/1.1 pipelining works. It is still a
    >>request-response protocol - the only "pipelining" is in the fact that it
    >>doesn't require a separate connection session for each request-response
    >>pair.

    > "Pipelining" != "Connection: Keep-Alive"
    >
    > <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/http/pipelining-faq.html>

    Thank you - it's clearer to me now!

    But, isn't this a direct consequence of keep-alive?

    Ivan Voras, May 18, 2004