HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by larry, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. larry

    larry Guest

    Hi,

    I got a c# asp.net program on windowsXP IIS.

    My program is trying get a request from client then update a line chart
    data, which is from sql server, in every 5 sec.

    But I always get Error 403.9 after my program run for a while.

    I checked MSDN. It means too many users. windowsXP only can handle up to 10.
    there is only one client call every 5 sec.
    it seems my asp program still keeping the old client connections, but I
    don't need that.

    so, is anyway my ASP.NET page can receive the client call, get the data from
    database, and display the data on the line chart, then cut out the client
    HTTP connection?
    how to do that in C#?

    thanks a lot,
    larry

    larry, Aug 19, 2005

  2. What method are you using to retrieve the data?

    DataReader?

    Make sure you calling Conn.Close?
    Try stepping through the code, and checking the
    [ConnectionVariableName].State
    You must be leaving those connections open somehow.

    HTH

    Grant Merwitz, Aug 19, 2005