HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?YWhtYWQ=?=, Mar 19, 2007.

  1. i use WebRequest to read response from the URL i request.

    the HTML returned contain an HTML buttons which do post back to server,

    after many time "HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected".

    this is snapshot of the code:

    System.Net.WebRequest request =
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.Create("http://192.168.0.12:8888/XXXX");

    request.ContentType = @"application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
    request.Credentials =
    System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

    System.Text.StringBuilder ActionsBuilder = new
    StringBuilder();

    request.Method = "POST";

    System.Net.ServicePointManager.Expect100Continue = false;
    ((System.Net.HttpWebRequest)request).KeepAlive = false;

    byte[] postBuffer =
    System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(1252).GetBytes(Parameters);

    request.ContentLength = postBuffer.Length;

    System.IO.Stream postDataStream = request.GetRequestStream();
    postDataStream.Write(postBuffer, 0, postBuffer.Length);
    postDataStream.Close();

    System.Net.HttpWebResponse response =
    (System.Net.HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();

    Encoding enc = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;

    System.IO.StreamReader responseStream = new
    System.IO.StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream(), enc, false);

    StringBuilder responseHtml = new StringBuilder();

    responseHtml.Append(responseStream.ReadToEnd());
    response.Close();
    responseStream.Close();
    request.Abort();

    please advise

    Ahmad Zeitoun
    =?Utf-8?B?YWhtYWQ=?=, Mar 19, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YWhtYWQ=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    the error means too many open connections. this will happen if the
    client closes the tcp pipe before sending a fin.

    why are you calling abort? I'd think Response.End() (which closes
    connections before exiting is better).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 19, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YWhtYWQ=?=

    Guest

    On 19 Mar, 14:15, ahmad <> wrote:
    > i use WebRequest to read response from the URL i request.
    >
    > the HTML returned contain an HTML buttons which do post back to server,
    >
    > after many time "HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected".
    >
    > this is snapshot of the code:
    >
    > System.Net.WebRequest request =
    > System.Net.HttpWebRequest.Create("http://192.168.0.12:8888/XXXX");
    >
    > request.ContentType = @"application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
    > request.Credentials =
    > System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
    >
    > System.Text.StringBuilder ActionsBuilder = new
    > StringBuilder();
    >
    > request.Method = "POST";
    >
    > System.Net.ServicePointManager.Expect100Continue = false;
    > ((System.Net.HttpWebRequest)request).KeepAlive = false;
    >
    > byte[] postBuffer =
    > System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(1252).GetBytes(Parameters);
    >
    > request.ContentLength = postBuffer.Length;
    >
    > System.IO.Stream postDataStream = request.GetRequestStream();
    > postDataStream.Write(postBuffer, 0, postBuffer.Length);
    > postDataStream.Close();
    >
    > System.Net.HttpWebResponse response =
    > (System.Net.HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
    >
    > Encoding enc = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;
    >
    > System.IO.StreamReader responseStream = new
    > System.IO.StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream(), enc, false);
    >
    > StringBuilder responseHtml = new StringBuilder();
    >
    > responseHtml.Append(responseStream.ReadToEnd());
    > response.Close();
    > responseStream.Close();
    > request.Abort();
    >
    > please advise

    > Ahmad Zeitoun

    Ignore Bruce, he's wrong :)

    Your server is running XP Pro? It supports a maximum of about 10
    connections. You'll need to use Windows Server 2003 to accommodate
    more.
    , Mar 19, 2007
  4. The non-server MS OSes only support 10 simultaneous connections. That
    doesn't mean 10 seperate browsers or other items, it only means 10 items
    connecting to the machine. Sometimes one single operation can use a number
    of connections without you knowing it and thus the error.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Mar 19, 2007
  5. Invest in Windows Vista for your web development. Not limited to 10
    connections, can use multiple IP Addresses and root websites.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Mar 19, 2007
  6. Dear kierenj,

    is there any solution about this issue at windows xp Pro?
    i need to test what am doing before added to the project?

    thank you
    Ahmad Zeitoun

    =?Utf-8?B?YWhtYWQ=?=, Mar 20, 2007