HTTP 404 Error for ASP.NET pages

Matthew Louden

The web server is running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, and it
returns HTTP 404 error when running ASP.NET pages, but ASP pages are working
fine. I also installed Visual Studio .NET, and the framework version should
be 1.1.

I am sure ASP.NET is enable in the machine by checking the following
methods:
1) Go to manage your server window, click add/remove a role, and choose
application server, and it only have choices disable ASP.NET, that means
ASP.NET is enable already.

2) In IIS manager, click right pane, and I cannot see ASP.NET. I enabled all
the followings:

All Unknown CGI Extensions
All Unknown ISAPI Extensions
Active Server pages
Front Page Server Extensions 2002
Internet Data Connector
Server Side Includes
WebDAV

I really have no idea whats going on. I am using Standard Edition, I dont
know if it has 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Since the following link says
ASP.NET is disable in 64-bit Windows Server 2003. How can I tell if Windows
Server 2003 is 32-bit or 64-bit??

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...oddocs/entserver/unsupported64BitFeatures.asp

Kevin Spencer

The only way to see whether ASP.Net is working on any web sites on yur
machine is to look at the ISAPI mappings for your web site(s) on the server.
In the IIS admin snap-in, right-click the webn site, open the Properties
dialog, and go to the Home Directory tab. Click the Configuration button,
and you'll see the ISAPI mappings. If ASP.Net is not installed, use the
aspnet_regiis.exe Command-line tool in the version directory for the .Net
platform (under Windows), with the -i parameter, to install it on the web
server.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Matthew Louden

Thanks Kevin

I just followed your advices, but still not working.

First, I ran the following in command line:
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i
It worked great and it says ASP.NET installed in the machine.

Second, I ran IIS console, and Click the Configuration button, and the ISAPI
mappings. ASPX extension is there, with aspnet_isapi.dll

Well, I really dont know what I missed. Any ideas??