HTTP 404, when accessing WebResource.axd

Jeff

Hi

asp.net 3.5

A week ago I added a NoSuchPage.aspx to my site. Useris directed to this
page if a 404 error occur. This page writes to the database what page the
user was trying to reach. So I somehow have a tool to detect 404 errors.

Okay, now I see in the database that one user got 404 accessing
WebResource.axd:
stored in database: NoSuchPage.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/WebResource.axd

Strange that the user was trying to reach this resource. I might have been
me using somekind of tool to analyze my site. But that doesn't matter the
error shouldn't occur.

Been googling and haven't found a solution to this yet, somebody suggests
adding a machinekey to web.confg - my web.config have no machinekey.

any suggestions are greatly welcome

Guest

Hi

asp.net 3.5

A week ago I added a NoSuchPage.aspx to my site. Useris directed to this
page if a 404 error occur. This page writes to the database what page the
user was trying to reach. So I somehow have a tool to detect 404 errors.

Okay, now I see in the database that one user got 404 accessing
WebResource.axd:
stored in database: NoSuchPage.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/WebResource.axd

Strange that the user was trying to reach this resource. I might have been
me using somekind of tool to analyze my site. But that doesn't matter the
error shouldn't occur.

Been googling and haven't found a solution to this yet, somebody suggests
adding a machinekey to web.confg - my web.config have no machinekey.

any suggestions are greatly welcome

If you don't embed own resources, then it can be that some of your
references are missing a resources. Check if you have any references
set to CopyLocal=False.

Jeff

-- If you don't embed own resources, then it can be that some of your
-- references are missing a resources. Check if you have any references
-- set to CopyLocal=False.

in the header I see refereces to 3 WebResource.axd files:
<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=KRzGRTklEubj1hExv1cyog2&amp;t=633909506045194578"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=tEhE1JmRL9tNuf9O3DKUbOjkOZq6V8aqlUFUsMQt-vM1&amp;t=633909506045194578"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=XBPJ4W-PKDWUIWyizOk7eQ2&amp;t=633909506045194578"
type="text/javascript"></script>

I suppose these are for javascript and not for Bin

You still think I should set the CopyLocal. I thought it was somehting to do
with .dll files added to the project. I have 4 .dll files added. but none
are currently used, except 1 which creates the FCKeditor editor - but that
editor isn't publicly available . The user must signin first and those pages
have noindex attribute...