HTTP 500 internal server error

Guest

Hello,
I installed visual studio .Net 2005 on my system. also Installed
IIS 5.1 on WinXP SP2 afterwards. Now sites from local Web server are giving
HTTP 500 internal server error on access. what could be the problem. Also I
selected ASP.Net 2.0 version in IIS settings yet this error is displaying.
please help

Thank you

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I installed visual studio .Net 2005 on my system.
!> also Installed IIS 5.1 on WinXP SP2 afterwards

That's your problem right there.
You installed them in the reverse order. You should have installed IIS first.

Try running :

aspnet_regiis -i

from a command window in the .Net Framework installation directory.

Guest

hello,
I used aspnet_regiis -i already from .Net Framework directory. but
no effect. What are ways to solve this problem.

Thank you

Juan T. Llibre

Since the problem stems from installing in the reverse order,
I'd uninstall them both and reinstall them in the correct order
( FIRST install IIS...and then install VS 2005 ).

Elroyskimms

Hello,
I installed visual studio .Net 2005 on my system. also Installed
IIS 5.1 on WinXP SP2 afterwards. Now sites from local Web server are giving
HTTP 500 internal server error on access. what could be the problem. Also I
selected ASP.Net 2.0 version in IIS settings yet this error is displaying.
please help

Thank you

Also, if you are using IE, it defaults to showing "Friendly HTTP Error
Messages" which are compeltely worthless for developers. In Tools ->
Internet Options -> Advanced tab, make sure that the box is unchecked
for Friendly HTTP Error Messages.

-E