    selected ASP.Net 2.0 version in IIS settings yet this error is displaying.
    please help

    Thank you
    =?Utf-8?B?YW5vb3A=?=, Oct 4, 2007

  2. re:
    !> I installed visual studio .Net 2005 on my system.
    !> also Installed IIS 5.1 on WinXP SP2 afterwards

    That's your problem right there.
    You installed them in the reverse order. You should have installed IIS first.

    Try running :

    aspnet_regiis -i

    from a command window in the .Net Framework installation directory.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 4, 2007

  3. hello,
    I used aspnet_regiis -i already from .Net Framework directory. but
    no effect. What are ways to solve this problem.

    Thank you

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5vb3A=?=, Oct 4, 2007
  4. Since the problem stems from installing in the reverse order,
    I'd uninstall them both and reinstall them in the correct order
    ( FIRST install IIS...and then install VS 2005 ).

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 4, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?YW5vb3A=?=

    Elroyskimms Guest

    On Oct 4, 1:54 am, anoop <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I installed visual studio .Net 2005 on my system. also Installed
    > IIS 5.1 on WinXP SP2 afterwards. Now sites from local Web server are giving
    > HTTP 500 internal server error on access. what could be the problem. Also I
    > selected ASP.Net 2.0 version in IIS settings yet this error is displaying.
    > please help
    >
    > Thank you

    Also, if you are using IE, it defaults to showing "Friendly HTTP Error
    Messages" which are compeltely worthless for developers. In Tools ->
    Internet Options -> Advanced tab, make sure that the box is unchecked
    for Friendly HTTP Error Messages.

    -E
    Elroyskimms, Oct 5, 2007