http digest auth client?

Jonathan Rochkind

Is there any mature library in ruby to make an HTTP request with http
digest auth?

Net::HTTP doesn't seem to do it, it does basic auth only (basic auth is
so insecure it ought never to be used).

I can't seem to find any other well-used stable library that does it?

Is it just me, or is the ruby standard library http client (Net::HTTP)
really pretty terrible in general? Most of the ruby stdlib is great,
with great API's to do what you want easily. Net::HTTP is a pain to
use, and is missing some important features. Really not equal to the
standard set by the rest of the ruby stdlib.

But I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be any good way to do this
in ruby? Is this really such an unusual thing to want to do? Or is
there an easy solution I'm missing?

Tony Arcieri