    But I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be any good way to do this
    in ruby? Is this really such an unusual thing to want to do? Or is
    there an easy solution I'm missing?

    Jonathan Rochkind, Nov 22, 2010

  2. Jonathan Rochkind

    Milovan Z. Guest

    Milovan Z., Nov 22, 2010

  3. Jonathan Rochkind

    Tony Arcieri Guest

    On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <> wrote:

    > Is there any mature library in ruby to make an HTTP request with http
    > digest auth?

    You might try HTTParty. It appears to support digest auth:

    https://github.com/jnunemaker/httparty/blob/master/lib/httparty/net_digest_auth.rb

    > Is it just me, or is the ruby standard library http client (Net::HTTP)
    > really pretty terrible in general?

    Net::HTTP blows. Use HTTParty instead.

    --
    Tony Arcieri
    Medioh! A Kudelski Brand

    Tony Arcieri, Nov 22, 2010
  4. Jonathan Rochkind

    Ammar Ali Guest

    On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Jonathan Rochkind <> wrote:

    > Is there any mature library in ruby to make an HTTP request with http
    > digest auth?

    This was recently released: https://rubygems.org/gems/net-http-digest_auth

    I've never used it, so I can't vouch for it's maturity.

    HTH,
    Ammar

    Ammar Ali, Nov 23, 2010