HTTP Get Invoked Web Service

NickP

Hi there,

This might be a bit of a stupid question, but I am trying to invoke a
web service via a HTTP Get rather than an HTTP Post, the method has no
parameters but I need to examine the Get Header before I return my data from
the web service.

Is this possible? And if so how would one do this?

Nick.

NickP

According to

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010430.htm

the syntax is

http://server/webServiceName.asmx/functionName?parameter=parameterValue

Unfortunately I just recieve an error, and this syntax looks exactly the
same as if I were to right click the invoke button in the test page and copy
the shortcut...

http://server/myservice.asmx/mymethod

Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/mymethod'.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

This is the same result if deployed to a web server or being run in VS 2005.

Nick.

NickP

it's okay, got it now, added the following section to the config file...

<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
</protocols>