    the web service.

    Is this possible? And if so how would one do this?

    Nick.

    NickP, Dec 12, 2006

  2. NickP

    NickP Guest

    According to

    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010430.htm

    the syntax is

    http://server/webServiceName.asmx/functionName?parameter=parameterValue

    Unfortunately I just recieve an error, and this syntax looks exactly the
    same as if I were to right click the invoke button in the test page and copy
    the shortcut...

    http://server/myservice.asmx/mymethod

    Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/mymethod'.

    Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

    This is the same result if deployed to a web server or being run in VS 2005.

    Nick.

    NickP, Dec 12, 2006

  3. NickP

    NickP Guest

    it's okay, got it now, added the following section to the config file...

    <webServices>
    <protocols>
    <add name="HttpGet"/>
    </protocols>