HTTP GET not enabled in test form

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Joseph, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Joseph

    Joseph Guest

    I have installed .NET framework 1.1. I am using the test form to test the
    web service remotely and in the machine.config, I have enabled the HTTP GET
    and HTTP POST protocols for web service. However, when I run the test form,
    unlike the test form in .NET framework 1.0 that uses HTTP GET protocol, the
    ..NET framework 1.1 uses HTTP POST. How I can make the test form to use HTTP
    GET for testing?

    Below is the <protocol> section of web service in my machine.config file:

    <protocols>
    <add name="HttpSoap1.2"/>
    <add name="HttpSoap"/>
    <add name="HttpPost"/>
    <add name="HttpGet"/>
    <!--<add name="HttpPostLocalhost" />-->
    <add name="Documentation"/>
    </protocols>

    Thanks,

    Joseph

    Joseph, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Joseph

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Joseph,

    I am not sure about what you mean "test form". If we have add:

    <add name="HttpPost"/>
    <add name="HttpGet"/>

    in machine.config, and use IE directly open the asmx:

    http://localhost/WebService1/Service1.asmx?op=HelloWorld

    It will return information for three methods:

    SOAP
    HTTP GET
    HTTP POST

    Luke

    "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026?? If not Microsoft strongly advises
    you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
    Security Bulletin MS03-026
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp and/or to
    visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to install the
    patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help to
    insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

    MSFT, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Joseph

    Joseph Guest

    What I mean by "test form" is the "webpage" where the "Invoke" button is
    located and parameter values are entered when you fire up the web method.

    I have the HttpPost and HttpGet in machine.config already. The information
    for the three methods of protocols are shown below the Invoke button. When
    using .NET framework 1.1, above the parameter textboxes and Invoke button,
    the page shows:

    Test
    To test the operation using the HTTP POST protocol, click the 'Invoke'
    button.

    Notice above that "HTTP POST" is used by default, while if .NET framework
    1.0 is used "HTTP GET" protocol is used by default. I want to use "HTTP GET"
    when testing my web services. Is there a way to change the default protocol
    back to HTTP GET?

    Thanks,
    Joseph

    Joseph, Aug 15, 2003