HTTP handler eats all up

Guest

Hello

I've an ASP.Net app that consumes a web service.
In my first page I have a login that when submited sends the username and
password to the web service for validation... so far so good.

My problem appears when I was trying to make a http handler to process
incoming requests to another part of my app.
After writing the handler i made the proper reference in my web.config
file... something
like this

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path=".hello" type="myNameSapce.MyClass, myNameSpace" />
</httpHandlers>

the http handler function properly mut my calls to the web service, as i
mentioned earlier, simply doesn't run, throwing the exception that the app
was expecting text/xml and received text/html...
When I delete my declaration off the http handler from web.config file it
all goes well again...

I guess that http handler is "handling" more than it should....

hope to make myself clear

can you assist me on this?!?!
best regards

Jorge Ribeiro