HTTP Handler???

dwa

I can't get the httpHandlers settings to work my
web.config file

My httpHanders section in web.config looks like this:

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.spud"
type="async.AsyncHttpHandler,async">
</httpHandlers>

In my service's code-behind, I've got an AsynhHttpHandler
implementation of
IHttpAsyncHandler:

namespace async
{
public class AsyncHttpHandler : IHttpAsynclHandler(...)
};

According to the documentation, specifying path
= "*.spud" should cause
asynch.AsyncHttpHandler to be processed whenever any page
with a .spud
extension is requested, but I can't get this to work.

What might I be doing wrong?

-- da

Bret Mulvey [MS]

dwa said:
I can't get the httpHandlers settings to work my
web.config file

My httpHanders section in web.config looks like this:

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.spud"
type="async.AsyncHttpHandler,async">
</httpHandlers>

I think you can only use one of the ASP.NET file extensions such as .aspx,
..ascx, .asmx, .ashx, etc. Otherwise IIS does not route the request to the
ASP.NET worker process. You can get .spud to work if you add .spud to the
IIS script map list (the Configuration button on the Virtual Directory tab
in IIS Manager) and point it to the same dll that .aspx uses.