HTTP Handler???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dwa, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. dwa

    dwa Guest

    I can't get the httpHandlers settings to work my
    web.config file

    My httpHanders section in web.config looks like this:

    <httpHandlers>
    <add verb="*" path="*.spud"
    type="async.AsyncHttpHandler,async">
    </httpHandlers>

    In my service's code-behind, I've got an AsynhHttpHandler
    implementation of
    IHttpAsyncHandler:

    namespace async
    {
    public class AsyncHttpHandler : IHttpAsynclHandler(...)
    };

    According to the documentation, specifying path
    = "*.spud" should cause
    asynch.AsyncHttpHandler to be processed whenever any page
    with a .spud
    extension is requested, but I can't get this to work.

    What might I be doing wrong?

    -- da

    dwa, Nov 7, 2003

  2. "dwa" <> wrote in message
    > I can't get the httpHandlers settings to work my
    > web.config file
    >
    > My httpHanders section in web.config looks like this:
    >
    > <httpHandlers>
    > <add verb="*" path="*.spud"
    > type="async.AsyncHttpHandler,async">
    > </httpHandlers>

    I think you can only use one of the ASP.NET file extensions such as .aspx,
    ..ascx, .asmx, .ashx, etc. Otherwise IIS does not route the request to the
    ASP.NET worker process. You can get .spud to work if you add .spud to the
    IIS script map list (the Configuration button on the Virtual Directory tab
    in IIS Manager) and point it to the same dll that .aspx uses.

    Bret Mulvey [MS], Nov 8, 2003

  3. dwa

    dwa Guest

    Ah, YES! I forgot about the IIS script map. Now we're in
    business.

    Thanks,

    -- dwa

    dwa, Nov 11, 2003