'http://localhost/ doesn't respond with the default page

Sunny via .NET 247

i am also experiencing the similar problem..
"The Web server reported the following error when attempting tocreate or open the Web project located at the following URL:'http://localhost/WebApplication1"target="_blank">http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'The serverreturned an invalid or unrecognized response'

1. Is your IIS running well and Does 'http://localhost/' give youthe default IIS help page?
It doesn?t work

2. Are you using Frontpage extension?
Yes!

3. Do you have a proxy server installed?
No proxy server installed in my Home machine.

4. What OS are you using?
Windows XP Pro

5. Do you have the default website IP set to all unassigned?
Yes

6. Check your browser and make sure that it is set to bypass theproxy server for local addresses.

Only the Automatically Detect Setting is checked. I even triedwith the bypass proxy server settings it doesn?t work.

I tried with uninstalling and reinstalling the IIS and VS.netStudio. Still I have no idea. Pls. help me in this. Thanks inadvance.

-Sunny