http://localhost/QuickStart problem (HTTP 500)

NNTP

Hi,

I tried to setup the quickstart and tutorial of ASP.NET framework in Window
XP prof. with SP2. The system is running IIS and FrontPage 2000 server
extension. I also downloaded the MSDE2000A.exe and started the NETSDK
instance. However, when I opened the QuickStart page, it got the HTTP 500
error. Do you have any idea what's happening? Do I need to remove SP2 before
setting up the SP1 on IE?

Barry

Guest

Anyone have any fresh info on this? I'm having the same issue, I can view
static (HTML, etc.) pages on my PC, but all ASP or ASP.NET pages fail...

I've scoured the KB and remapped and reinstall, but I'm still having no
luck. Did I miss something online or is there a book someone can recommend
checking out?

Thanks!

Kevin