HTTP Persistent Connections using SonicMQ (and Sonic ESB)

Discussion in 'Java' started by WVJohnSMith@yahoo.com, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am connecting a small java client to sentSOAP messages on an HTTP
    Connection to the Sonic ESB.Server

    I can get the HTTP Non-Persstent Connection to work just fine. My java
    client opens a socket, and sends an HTTP header "Connection: close" on
    the message, and then Sonic ESB listener receives the message and sends
    it back to my java program. THIS WORKS PERFECTLY and works for as many
    messages as I need to send.

    However, for HTTP Persistent Connection.....

    The java client program opens a socket, and sends a "Connection:
    Persist" HTTP header in the message, and sends it to the Sonic Server.
    The Sonic server reads the fFIRST message on the connection, and then
    sends the FIRST message back to the java client successfully.

    The java client sends another SOAP message with a "Connection: Persist"
    HTTP Header to the Sonic Server. This Second message is never placed
    on a Sonic Queue, and is never returned to the Java client program.

    Any subsequent message sent is apparently no read o processed or
    returned by the Sonic Server.

    This is a repeatable process, the first message sent on a persistent
    connection is always returned properly, but the 2nd message (and any
    other message) is not processed by the Sonic Server.

    Does anyone have any info on Sonic and HTTP connections that would shed
    light on this problem ?

    Thanks

    , Aug 23, 2006