    enlighten me on best way to do it.

    Regards
    Don Grover
    Don Grover, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Don Grover wrote:
    > Please bear with me, I do not have a good understanding of HTTP POST
    > and only a moderate understanding of XML.
    > I maybe wrong in my explanation and interpritation so correct me if i
    > am.
    >
    > I have to do two things against a unix server.
    > 1) using VBSCRIPT pass a value to a webservice using HTTP POST and
    > return a XML file, not from a web page but a standaloan vbscript file.
    > I have to pass an order number and get back connote number, date and
    > quantity for that order number passed.
    > The xml file is from an iGate stock system and name pairs are like
    > <1601>myordernum</1601> etc..
    >
    > 2) I have to upload an xml file of order details as well.
    >
    > Does anyone have any links or samples that relate to vbscript or can
    > enlighten me on best way to do it.

    I doubt you can do it in VBScript alone. You certainly can't in JavaScript.

    You will need to use your scripting language to control something like a
    Java Applet to do the HTTP communication. That certainly does work - I have
    done it. Guess you should be able to use MSXML too if you can be sure your
    client machines have that installed.
    Steve Slatcher, Nov 7, 2003