HTTP Post to a remote server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb, May 31, 2005.

  1. Hi All,

    I have an asp page. There I enter some text. This text needs to go some
    other web site but as jsp page ( such as http://www.web.com/Link.jsp).

    Now, I was told to submit my asp page as HTTP Post to their jsp page.
    This is completely a new thing for me to do.

    I was following the sample given in
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

    url = "http://www.auto.com/Link.jsp"
    set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    xmlhttp.open "POST", url, false
    xmlhttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type",
    "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
    xmlhttp.send "CID=342&PWD=342&SID=342&VIN=any vin"
    Response.write xmlhttp.responseText
    set xmlhttp = nothing

    My question is how can I use variable in VIN field there.
    Also, it was giving me error message when I use the actual VIN in the
    above link.
    Error: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it
    cannot be displayed.

    I am not sure whether MSXML2 is installed in the web server (IIS 5.0).

    Could any one please help me. I will highly appreciate that.

    Thanks a million in advance.

    Kindest regards,

    mamun

    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb, May 31, 2005