HTTP Post to a remote server

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Hi All,

I have an asp page. There I enter some text. This text needs to go some
other web site but as jsp page ( such as http://www.web.com/Link.jsp).

Now, I was told to submit my asp page as HTTP Post to their jsp page.
This is completely a new thing for me to do.

I was following the sample given in
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

url = "http://www.auto.com/Link.jsp"
set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.open "POST", url, false
xmlhttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
xmlhttp.send "CID=342&PWD=342&SID=342&VIN=any vin"
Response.write xmlhttp.responseText
set xmlhttp = nothing

My question is how can I use variable in VIN field there.
Also, it was giving me error message when I use the actual VIN in the
above link.
Error: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it
cannot be displayed.

I am not sure whether MSXML2 is installed in the web server (IIS 5.0).

Could any one please help me. I will highly appreciate that.

Thanks a million in advance.

Kindest regards,

mamun