HTTP POST using webservice

Ankur

Hi All,

I've run into an interesting problem.

Basically, we have a website that requires a user to log in. Once a
user is successfully logged in to our site, we need to post the user's
credentials (via HTTPS) to a partner site and open up the partner site
in a new pop-up window.

I initially used MSXML.ServerXMLHTTP object to do the secure post but
running proxycfg.exe to configure the proxy on each or our web servers
was not an options.

I then put a web service in the middle such that the login ASP page
does a SOAP call to the web service. The webservice then does a
secure post to the partner's login ASP page (using
HttpWebRequest/Response). However, the partner site sets certain
cookies at login that obviously don't flow back to the the ultimate
user who is logging into our site.

So, the million dollar question is - Is there a way to pass cookies
back up to our login ASP page so that they can be set before we
redirect our user (in a new pop up window) to the partner's site? Or,
is there another, better way to handle this situation?

Thanks for all the help and apologies for the rather long post.

Regards,
Ankur