HTTP Proxy problem in SOAP based webservice

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Keith Fernandez, Dec 1, 2008.

  1. While accessing my application through a proxy bypassed system, the
    application runs fine, but on a proxy configured machine its gives me a
    timed out error.

    Below is the pseudo code of what i am trying..

    factory =
    SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new("webservice_url").create_rpc_driver

    The Error it gives is:

    'connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
    failed because connected host has failed to respond'

    Need help to configure http proxy settings programatically. Any
    pointers would be of great help.

    I have also seen a ruby class httpconfigloader.rb, would this be of
    any help?

    Anyway of configuring proxy will do, as i need it urgently.

    Thanks in advance.

    Note: I have tried out Restfull webservices and they are working without
    any problem.

    -Keith

    Keith Fernandez, Dec 1, 2008