HTTP proxy problem

sujeet kumar

Hi
My demo ruby applet is not able to reach internet.I am a student
and use proxy to reach nternet.I have provided a username and
password to reach internet.Mozilla is able to reach internet just fine
using specified proxy, but my demo ruby applet not. In mozilla i have
to bypass some proxyies.
How to reach internet with my Ruby applet.

regards
sujeet

Robert Klemme

sujeet said:
Hi
My demo ruby applet is not able to reach internet.

Since when are there Ruby applets?
I am a student
and use proxy to reach nternet.I have provided a username and
password to reach internet.Mozilla is able to reach internet just fine
using specified proxy, but my demo ruby applet not. In mozilla i have
to bypass some proxyies.
How to reach internet with my Ruby applet.

Maybe you are on Windows and your proxy needs NTLM authentication. Dunno
whether that's possible with Net::HTTP but I guess rather not.

Kind regards

robert

ES

Le 7/6/2005 said:
Since when are there Ruby applets?

Maybe you are on Windows and your proxy needs NTLM authentication. Dunno
whether that's possible with Net::HTTP but I guess rather not.

Perhaps he is not using the _ruby_ proxy?

sujeet, could you include more information, are you using Net::HTTP
or some other method of accessing the Internet? There is a specific
way of HTTP access through proxy, see Net::HTTP.Proxy for information[1].
Kind regards

robert

[1]
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/http/rdoc/classes/Net/HTTP.html#M00=