HTTP Referrer header

SomeGroup

Hi all,

Is there a way in HTML to set the value for the Referrer header that
gets sent along with the HTTP request?

I have tried the following

However, this didn't work. Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

TIA

Safalra

Is there a way in HTML to set the value for the Referrer header that
gets sent along with the HTTP request?

I have tried the following

However, this didn't work. Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

This is a browser feature, and any polite browser will send the correct
header (although various 'security' tools will override this with a fake
referer). If you explain what you are trying to achieve we may be able to
offer assistance (unless you're trying to get round anti-hotlinking code,
in which case you'll likely to be flamed).

Harlan Messinger

SomeGroup said:
Hi all,

Is there a way in HTML to set the value for the Referrer header that
gets sent along with the HTTP request?

I have tried the following

However, this didn't work. Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

I don't know if it can be changed like this, but if it can, it'll
involve using the correct (though incorrectly spelled) name of the
header: "Referer".

Toby Inkster

SomeGroup said:

Firstly it's "Referer"; it's missing an 'r', but that's part of the spec
unfortunately!

Secondly, the referer is one of the HTTP *request* headers, but http-equiv
is supposed to be equivalent to an HTTP *response* header.

As others have said, please explain what the *problem* is; not your failed
attempt at a solution.

SomeGroup

I am trying to write my own login page and deploy on server x for an
website running on a different domain and different server y. I have
tried to populate the same form variables as the server y's login page
does.

However, because of the referer property, the logins are not accepted
from my login page. I am trying this just to see if it works. Please
let me know any ideas on how this can be achieved

Thanks

Toby Inkster

SomeGroup said:
I am trying to write my own login page and deploy on server x for an
website running on a different domain and different server y. I have
tried to populate the same form variables as the server y's login page
does.

However, because of the referer property, the logins are not accepted
from my login page.

The login script on server Y needs adjusting to accept logins from server
X (or better still, from everywhere).

Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
PLZ help me this is an Urgent

Hi could any one please help me regarding similar problem When visitors hit ww.test.com they are automatically redirected to ww.test.com/en and referrer information is lost while redirecting to en could any one provide an alternative redirect method that preserves the HTTP referrer

PLZ help me this is an Urgent