    I have tried the following

    However, this didn't work. Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

    TIA

    SomeGroup, Jul 16, 2006

  2. SomeGroup

    Safalra Guest

    On 16 Jul 2006 08:39:18 -0700, SomeGroup wrote:
    > Is there a way in HTML to set the value for the Referrer header that
    > gets sent along with the HTTP request?
    >
    > I have tried the following

    > However, this didn't work. Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

    This is a browser feature, and any polite browser will send the correct
    header (although various 'security' tools will override this with a fake
    referer). If you explain what you are trying to achieve we may be able to
    offer assistance (unless you're trying to get round anti-hotlinking code,
    in which case you'll likely to be flamed).

    --
    Safalra (Stephen Morley)
    http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/

    Safalra, Jul 16, 2006

  3. SomeGroup wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there a way in HTML to set the value for the Referrer header that
    > gets sent along with the HTTP request?
    >
    > I have tried the following

    > However, this didn't work. Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

    I don't know if it can be changed like this, but if it can, it'll
    involve using the correct (though incorrectly spelled) name of the
    header: "Referer".

    Harlan Messinger, Jul 16, 2006
  4. SomeGroup

    Toby Inkster Guest

    SomeGroup wrote:

    Firstly it's "Referer"; it's missing an 'r', but that's part of the spec
    unfortunately!

    Secondly, the referer is one of the HTTP *request* headers, but http-equiv
    is supposed to be equivalent to an HTTP *response* header.

    As others have said, please explain what the *problem* is; not your failed
    attempt at a solution.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jul 18, 2006
  5. SomeGroup

    SomeGroup Guest

    I am trying to write my own login page and deploy on server x for an
    website running on a different domain and different server y. I have
    tried to populate the same form variables as the server y's login page
    does.

    However, because of the referer property, the logins are not accepted
    from my login page. I am trying this just to see if it works. Please
    let me know any ideas on how this can be achieved

    Thanks

    SomeGroup, Jul 18, 2006
  6. SomeGroup

    Toby Inkster Guest

    SomeGroup wrote:

    > I am trying to write my own login page and deploy on server x for an
    > website running on a different domain and different server y. I have
    > tried to populate the same form variables as the server y's login page
    > does.
    >
    > However, because of the referer property, the logins are not accepted
    > from my login page.

    The login script on server Y needs adjusting to accept logins from server
    X (or better still, from everywhere).

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jul 18, 2006
  7. SomeGroup

    varmansk

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    PLZ help me this is an Urgent

    Hi could any one please help me regarding similar problem When visitors hit ww.test.com they are automatically redirected to ww.test.com/en and referrer information is lost while redirecting to en could any one provide an alternative redirect method that preserves the HTTP referrer

    PLZ help me this is an Urgent

    varmansk, Nov 27, 2008