HTTP::Request::Form - Can't submit a form with input type=image button

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by fochie, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. fochie

    fochie Guest

    Greetings,

    I'm having trouble "pressing" a Form button of type=image using
    HTTP::Request:Form and HTML::Treebuilder. I can retrieve, parse a
    document and fill in fileds fine in the form, but I'm confused on the
    syntax of the press method when the input object is type=image and has
    no name associated with it.

    All attempts so far indicate that I am specifying the image to press
    incorrectly.

    The HTTP::Request:Form doc states the following related to pressing a
    form button -

    "press([$name [, $coord ] [, $number]])
    ..
    ..
    The "coord" parameter comes in handy if you have an image button. If
    this is the case, the button press will simulate a press at coordinates
    [2,2] unless you provide an anonymous array with different
    coordinates."

    A dump of the form I need to submit shows the following -

    FORM METHOD=POST
    ACTION=/exec/varzea/ae-nickname-search/

    BASE=http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/subst/search/auction-search.html/ref=a_h_tn_as/104-8399919-2455160
    FIELD{input/hidden} exchange-type=auction
    FIELD{input/text} seller=mysellername
    BUTTON image=[image]
    image={image}

    Any assistance on how to specify the proper syntax to submit this form
    is most appreciated.

    Thanks !
    Steve

    fochie, Feb 1, 2005