HTTP server

placid

Hi all,

Im having trouble with the following code for handling GET requests
from a client to my HTTP server. What i want to do is restrict access
only to a folder and contents(files) within this folder. But when
trying to
open files (eg text files) i get file not found error from send_head()
method of SimpleHTTPServer. The reason behind this is when opening the
file the path to the file is only C:\file.txt when it should be
C:\folder\file.txt. And when i remove the code that checks if path
contains "txt" it works (i can access files without errors).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

<code>
def list_directory(self, path):
"""Helper to produce a directory listing (absent index.html).

Return value is either a file object, or None (indicating an
error). In either case, the headers are sent, making the
interface the same as for send_head().

"""
f = StringIO()

p = self.translate_path(self.path)
if p.find("txt") == -1:
f.write("<title>httpserver.py: Access Denied</title>" )
f.write("<h2>httpserver.py: Access Denied</h2>" )
else:
try:
list = os.listdir(path)
except os.error:
self.send_error(404, "No permission to list directory")
return None

list.sort(key=lambda a: a.lower())

displaypath = cgi.escape(urllib.unquote(self.path))
f.write("<title>Directory listing for %s</title>\n"
%displaypath)
f.write("<h2>Directory listing for %s</h2>\n" %
displaypath)
f.write("<hr>\n<ul>\n")
for name in list:
fullname = os.path.join(path, name)
displayname = linkname = name
# Append / for directories or @ for symbolic links
if os.path.isdir(fullname):
displayname = name + "/"
linkname = name + "/"
if os.path.islink(fullname):
displayname = name + "@"
# Note: a link to a directory displays with @ and
links with /
(urllib.quote(linkname), \

cgi.escape(displayname)))
f.write("</ul>\n<hr>\n")

length = f.tell()
f.seek(0)
self.send_response(200)
self.send_header("Content-type", "text/html")
self.send_header("Content-Length", str(length))
self.end_headers()
return f
</code>