HTTP status 401: Access Denied

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Patrick.O.Ige, Dec 14, 2006.

  1. I have a simple method below that gets data from an sqlxml webservice
    I'm using Windows Integrated and i have disables anonymous access on IIS and
    also impersonate myself in Web.config.
    But 'm getting error

    "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied. "

    public void getXmlWebserivceData()

    {

    string ct = "condiments";

    //int e =3;

    TestWebService.devpc1.soap proxy = new devpc1.soap();

    proxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

    devpc1.soap mysoapclient = new TestWebService.devpc1.soap();

    DataGrid1.DataSource = mysoapclient.CustomersTemplate(ct);

    DataGrid1.DataBind();

    }

    Any ideas???

    Patrick.O.Ige, Dec 14, 2006