    could the submit from the PDF form have anything to do with this since other
    HTML forms directed to an ASP page with images, etc. works fine?)

    Thanks.

    Don Miller, Dec 3, 2003

  2. "Don Miller" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I used a Response.Redirect "page.asp" as the last command in ASP code that
    > processes a submitted form from an Adobe PDF form (using HTML format). For
    > some reason, if there is any linked file (image, stylesheet, javascript)

    in
    > the target "page.asp" IE hangs until you press Escape. With Refresh, the
    > page loads completely.
    >
    > I checked the web log and the entry for "page.asp" is 200 (OK) but all the
    > files I mentioned above all show 400. The description for this status code
    > is pretty generic and not much help (a syntax error in the request and the
    > server doesn't understand it).
    >
    > Does anyone know what 400 actually means?
    >
    > I can't control the syntax of the request so how can this be fixed? (and

    how

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2011

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Dec 3, 2003

  3. http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=http 1.1 400

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Don Miller

    Don Miller Guest

    Never did get any of those errors cited in that FAQ. Did try setting the
    properties before the redirect with the same result (IE or IIS hangs).

    In the meantime, I hacked a work-around that does an inelegant redirect
    (that works in this situation though). I'd really like to do a standard
    redirect.

    <% 'asp code to process PDF form data %>

    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > "Don Miller" <> wrote in message
    > > I used a Response.Redirect "page.asp" as the last command in ASP code

    that
    > > processes a submitted form from an Adobe PDF form (using HTML format).

    For
    > > some reason, if there is any linked file (image, stylesheet, javascript)

    > in
    > > the target "page.asp" IE hangs until you press Escape. With Refresh, the
    > > page loads completely.
    > >
    > > I checked the web log and the entry for "page.asp" is 200 (OK) but all

    the
    > > files I mentioned above all show 400. The description for this status

    code
    > > is pretty generic and not much help (a syntax error in the request and

    the
    > > server doesn't understand it).
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what 400 actually means?
    > >
    > > I can't control the syntax of the request so how can this be fixed? (and

    > how
    > > could the submit from the PDF form have anything to do with this since

    > other
    > > HTML forms directed to an ASP page with images, etc. works fine?)

    > http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2011
    >
    > --
    > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running