HTTP Status-Code=503 (Service Unavailable)

BuddyWork

Hello,

I'm doing a stress test and my test graudually
increases the connections to the webservice. Everything
works well until my connection hits around 350
connections. The new connections gets the error HTTP
Status-Code=503 (Service Unavailable), basically after
the server goes to a halt.

I am using Windows 2000 Server with IIS 5.0, Framework 1.1.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

BuddyWork said:
I'm doing a stress test and my test graudually
increases the connections to the webservice. Everything
works well until my connection hits around 350
connections. The new connections gets the error HTTP
Status-Code=503 (Service Unavailable), basically after
the server goes to a halt.

I am using Windows 2000 Server with IIS 5.0, Framework 1.1.

This is probably IIS limiting the connections to prevent attacks. Are you
keeping the connections open? What tool are you using to test?

BuddyWork

I am leaving the webservice connection open because I processing
messages after the connection has taken place. The I disconnect after
all the messages has been processed for that connection. Each
connection is basically an user.

I am using Microsoft Application Center Test for .NET which came with
VS2002.