    If so, what happens when you go over the limit? Do you just wait to
    do your send or do you abort? Can you configure this limit? What is
    it called?
    Roedy Green, Jan 10, 2013

    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/net/http-keepalive.html>

    --
    ss at comp dot lancs dot ac dot uk
    Steven Simpson, Jan 10, 2013

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:04:20 +0000, Steven Simpson <>

    ><http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/net/http-keepalive.html>

    What I am doing is probing various online bookstores and online stores
    to find out which products they have in stock. Some stores have a
    SOAP interface. Others I have to screenscrape.

    I might be probing something like 30 different stores at once. I
    suppose each one could have a persistent connection.
    Roedy Green, Jan 10, 2013
  4. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:04:20 +0000, Steven Simpson <>

    ><http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/net/http-keepalive.html>

    http.maxConnections=<int>
    default: 5

    Indicates the maximum number of connections per destination to be kept
    alive at any given time

    But is there an overall limit?
    Roedy Green, Jan 10, 2013