    We are running IIS 6.0 on Win2K3 using CRM

    Thank you,

    LVP

    LVP, Jan 8, 2008

  2. A bit confused by your question.
    https implies that browser had send server information encrypted.

    So you can not do "internal" switching. You can always check
    Request.IsSecureConnection and redirect to secured version with https if
    you need to

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 8, 2008

  3. LVP

    LVP Guest

    George,

    Sorry for the confusion.

    when a user types: http:\\www.mysecurewebsite.com I want them to be
    directed to https://www.mysecurewebsite.com
    I have done this on two of my websites.
    when a website has multiple entries and I have no control of the website
    code at all I need to redirect the user to the https in the easiest way
    possible

    Is there a way internal to IIS 6.0 or x.xx? Some configuration?
    Is there a way via DNS?

    I have seen Scripts in VB and JavaScript

    What are my choices when the website has multiple entry points.

    We are running IIS 6.0 on Win2K3 using CRM

    Any more questions please let me know

    Thank You,

    LVP

    LVP, Jan 8, 2008
  4. Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 8, 2008
  5. LVP

    LVP Guest

    Thanks Mark,

    I read the article and there are some issues noted in the discussion.
    I wonder if there is a concrete solution with less configuration.

    The big cheese/wig wants it done in less than 48 hours on production without
    testing or leaving very little time for testing.
    How to convince the monster not the monkey around I don't know.

    Thanks

    LVP

    LVP, Jan 8, 2008
  6. LVP:
    If you are looking for a quick hack ... This is a decent one
    http://blog.kyanmedia.com/archives/2007/6/28/forcing_https_in_iis_60/

    An alternative, does your company use a network load balancer or firewall in
    front of your web servers? If so, you might be able to solve it there.
    Most NLB/firewalls have a built in feature to push http traffic to use
    https.

    Hope this helps.

    -Naraen
    http://naraen.spaces.live.com

    Naraendirakumar R.R., Jan 9, 2008
  7. "LVP" <> wrote in message

    > I wonder if there is a concrete solution with less configuration.

    I'm not sure how much less configuration you could want...

    You simply add the DLL to your project and then make a few modifications to
    web.config...

    > The big cheese/wig wants it done in less than 48 hours

    It should take no longer than five minutes...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 9, 2008
  8. LVP

    LVP Guest

    thank you for you input,

    You miss understood me.
    I think it is irresponsible to change something in 5 minutes then deploy it
    on production without any thorough testing.

    I don't have full trust of the solution yet. it might be the perfect one.

    Thanks again

    LVP, Jan 9, 2008
  9. "LVP" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> "LVP" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I wonder if there is a concrete solution with less configuration.

    >> I'm not sure how much less configuration you could want...
    >>
    >> You simply add the DLL to your project and then make a few modifications
    >> to web.config...
    >>
    >>> The big cheese/wig wants it done in less than 48 hours

    >> It should take no longer than five minutes...

    > You misunderstood me.

    Likewise, I think...

    > I think it is irresponsible to change something in 5 minutes then deploy
    > it on production without any thorough testing.

    So do I, and that's not in fact what I said...

    When I mentioned five minutes, I was referring to the time required to do
    the configuration, not the testing...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 9, 2008
  10. LVP

    LVP Guest

    Naraendirakumar,

    This works but

    the Change the Message Type to URL does not work, I had to use <File>
    Also getting security challenge dialog, which is site related.

    When using URL I get File can not be displayed, so it tried to redirect but
    fails to see the file.
    Not sure why.

    Any ways, File works for now
    Might try different solutions.