Http

Discussion in 'Java' started by freesoft_2000, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I am currently trying to do an application that does
    the upload as well the download of files from a http server that needs
    authentication.
    The thing is i am not very sure where to begin and i am open to any
    suggestions.

    Basically what i am trying to upload is a html file
    onto the http server and also have the capability to download back that
    file back to my computer if i need it. The server i am using does not
    support ftp so using the sun's ftp classes are out but i am not sure if
    there are classes that exist for the uploading and downloading of files
    from a http server.

    I am not using servlets but trying to upload or download
    a simple html file to http server from a java application

    Sample codings as well as informative links would be
    helpfull

    Any help is greatly appreciated

    Thank You

    Yours Sincerely

    Richard West

    freesoft_2000, Jul 13, 2005

  2. freesoft_2000 wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I am currently trying to do an application that does
    > the upload as well the download of files from a http server that needs
    > authentication.
    > The thing is i am not very sure where to begin and i am open to any
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Basically what i am trying to upload is a html file
    > onto the http server and also have the capability to download back that
    > file back to my computer if i need it. The server i am using does not
    > support ftp so using the sun's ftp classes are out but i am not sure if
    > there are classes that exist for the uploading and downloading of files
    > from a http server.
    >
    > I am not using servlets but trying to upload or download
    > a simple html file to http server from a java application

    sorry, I don't understand. You want to upload a file from a Java
    application without using servlets or any code on the server side?
    I think the only solution is a put request.

    > Sample codings as well as informative links would be
    > helpfull

    If what I understand is correct, maybe you can look at Jakarta HttpClient:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

    It should be able to do put requests.

    Andrea Desole, Jul 13, 2005