HTTP1.1/500 Server Error

Steve Battisti

Hello all,

I have .NET working swimmingly on my Win 2K laptop. I'm in
the process of trying to get it working on my home PC,
running Win XP Pro.

IIS installed fine, .NET framework and the software
installed fine, but here's the situation. Whenever I try
to create a new web application in Vis Studio .NET 2003, I
get the following error:

The web server reported the following error when
attempting to create or open the Web project located at
the following URL: 'http://localhost/test'. HTTP 1.1/500
Server Error'.

I did some further testing, and found the following:

-IIS is up, and successfully serves an HTML page I placed
in wwwroot.
-IIS will not serve up the iisstart.asp file that's in
wwwroot - it gets the same HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error
-I'm logged in as a member of the local administrator
group
-The default web site properties match the working IIS on
my laptop exactly on every screen

Finally, I tried uninstalling VS 2003, .NET Framework 1.1,
AND IIS. Then, I reinstalled IIS, and even without
any .NET stuff at all, I can't get the iistart.asp to come
up at all.

Clearly, it looks like something just is missing
somewhere. Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks,

Steve

Dave Anderson

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

--
Dave Anderson

Steve Battisti

See, I knew there was a reason I came here. (^_-) OK, I'll
try that tonight and let y'all know what happens.

Thanks,

Steve