HTTP_ Custom Headers do not overwrite in setRequestHeader

Noel Volin

If anyone has any ideas on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I will
posted the code below, however, the first GET sets and reads the Custom
Header as you would expect. After that, only the original Header value will
be returned by the Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_XML") call. I cannot seem
to deduce the problem. This happens on our server, as well as machine
localhost.

Client Code snippet:

var str_xml_request = str_xml_request =
"<request xmlns:branch_details='http://admin/branch_details'>"+
"<branch_details:branch_code>"+
obj_select_branch.options(obj_select_branch.selectedIndex).value +
"</branch_details:branch_code>"+
"</request>"

// go get the details...
g_obj_xml_http.open("GET","xml_request_branch_details.aspx",false);
g_obj_xml_http.setRequestHeader("xml",str_xml_request);
g_obj_xml_http.send(str_xml_request);

alert(str_xml_request);

Server Code snippet:

var obj_xml_dom = null;
obj_xml_dom = new ActiveXObject("microsoft.xmldom");
obj_xml_dom.async = false;

Response.Write(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_xml"));
return;

----- End Code -----

After the first run, the same response is always returned.

Much Appreciated,

Noel Volin