    thought the parent page ins (myPage.aspx).
    how can I get the parent page of the popuped window?

    Regard
    =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=, Nov 3, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=

    Saravana Guest

    From client side you can get it using window.opener and pass it to server
    side. From server side if try to access it using http_referrer, it will be
    empty only as it is a new page.

    --
    Saravana
    www.ExtremeExperts.com

    "Raed Sawalha" <> wrote in message
    > Dear :
    >
    > In my web page I'm always checking the referer page if it was empty I do
    > something else also I do something :0).
    >
    > the problem in my ASPX page client side I did a popup window, and when

    request

    > Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"] is empty for the popup window,

    why?

    Saravana, Nov 3, 2004

  3. the problem now I have hunderds of pages that do window.open for popup
    window, and I'm checking the Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"] in
    Global.ascx ->Application_BeginRequest event, so with ur soluation I have to
    change all pages and this not possible for me, is there any alternate
    soluation for always getting the parent window for popup ones.

    Regards

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=, Nov 3, 2004
  4. You're in trouble because HTTP_ REFERER doesn't have to be filled in and a
    lot of proxy servers and I think some software firewalls strip out the HTTP_
    REFERER values.
    =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgU2ltb25z?=, Nov 3, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Scott Simons wrote:
    > You're in trouble because HTTP_ REFERER doesn't have to be filled in
    > and a lot of proxy servers and I think some software firewalls strip
    > out the HTTP_ REFERER values.

    Absolutely. Referer is nice for statistical purposes (who links to my
    site?), but using it for true application functionality is just disaster
    waiting to strike ;-)

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss