HttpCatcher

zebulon

Hi,
I had some time to kill so I developped a little tool very useful for
debuging web application. I called it HttpCatcher.

"HttpCatcher is a free tool that will let you see the way your browser
communicates with the server. HttpCatcher will behave as a local proxy, and
will let you interfere in the communication process. HttpCatcher is the tool
you need to understand the http protocol. You will see full http headers and
you will be able to change them on the fly."

You can dowload it freely from http://www.httpcatcher.com

At the moment, I only made a release for Windows XP.

Did you like it ? please add a link on your webpage..

Sam Hughes

Hi,
I had some time to kill so I developped a little tool very useful for
debuging web application. I called it HttpCatcher.

You can dowload it freely from http://www.httpcatcher.com

At the moment, I only made a release for Windows XP.

Did you like it ? please add a link on your webpage..

Make a release for other versions of Windows! :(

Art Sackett

zebulon said:
Hi,
I had some time to kill so I developped a little tool very useful for
debuging web application. I called it HttpCatcher.

"HttpCatcher is a free tool that will let you see the way your browser
communicates with the server.

If you don't need to play middleman, just need to see the headers,
there's a Firefox extension, Live HTTP Headers, that does that just
fine. It'll also let you edit a transaction and replay it, which is
pretty slick.

Works everywhere Firefox works, too. :)

I assume your utility is pretty slick, so I'm just making noise for
those who don't run windoze XtraPathetic.

Mark Parnell

If you don't need to play middleman, just need to see the headers,
there's a Firefox extension, Live HTTP Headers, that does that just
fine.

Works on Mozilla too. Hadn't seen that one - thanks!

Toby Inkster

Art said:
If you don't need to play middleman, just need to see the headers,
there's a Firefox extension, Live HTTP Headers, that does that just
fine. It'll also let you edit a transaction and replay it, which is
pretty slick.

Telnet works pretty dandy too. :)

Art Sackett

Toby Inkster said:
Telnet works pretty dandy too. :)

It does, if all you want to do is spew some headers and see what comes
back. If you want to know what your browser is really sending, though,
you'd have to jump through a few more hoops. :)

Art Sackett

Mark Parnell said:
Works on Mozilla too. Hadn't seen that one - thanks!

You're welcome!

Pretty cool little hack, ain't it? I use it all the time to check out
my software.

zebulon

Ok, I will soon deliver a java (jar) version that'll work on every single os
(which has a virtual machine though !)

How do to they do to sell a soft like HttpWatch for $249 ?.. its added value
is very low, isn't it ?

Art Sackett

zebulon said:
How do to they do to sell a soft like HttpWatch for $249 ?.. its added value
is very low, isn't it ?

I don't understand the question. Care to rephrase it?

zebulon

yes..
How do they succeed to sell a soft like "HttpWatch" for $249 ?.. its added
value
is very low, isn't it ?

Art Sackett

zebulon said:
yes..
How do they succeed to sell a soft like "HttpWatch" for $249 ?.. its added
value
is very low, isn't it ?

If they're selling any, it's got to be because there's a sucker born
every minute.