HTTPClient 2.0.2 and HTTP PUT

Kevin McMurtrie

How do you write to an HTTP PUT OutputStream using HTTPClient 2.0.2?
The PutMethod class, for some stupid reason, consumes an InputStream.
I'm sending high bandwidth streams from native code so the usual hacks
to convert stream directions, like making a pipe with another thread,
are not suitable.

The Apache docs suggest that you can get two-way stream access through
HttpConnection but it's barely documented. I don't see how it interacts
with the protocol management classes like PutMethod, especially in
relationship to who gets to use the streams and at what time. Does
anyone have some sample code?

Thanks!