HttpClient forgets Cookies?

Snyke

Ok my problem is simple: I'm using HttpClient to simulate multiple
clients that access my webapplication, goal is some sort of stress
testing.
Problem is that HttpClient forgets the cookies that are set! I have a
thread for every Virtual Client and every thread has an instance of
HttpClient, then it issues Requests to the server and the server should
set certain cookies. Ethereal tells me that the cookies are set
correctly but HttpClient keeps them only for the next request then they
just disappear.

Any idea how I could get this to work? Or did I get someting
fundamentally wrong with the concept of cookies in HttpClient?

Greets,
Snyke