HttpConnection on 7650 and so on

Discussion in 'Java' started by Michael Kremser, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Hi NG!

    I am currently developing an application that uses HTTP to send
    information to and request information from a web server. Now I
    currently use some code to get the desired information:

    StreamConnection conn = null;
    java.io.InputStream is = null;

    conn = (StreamConnection)Connector.open("someurl");
    is = conn.openInputStream();

    Now, this is where it works:

    "DefaultColorPhone" emulator
    "Nokia 6230" emulator
    "Series 60 MIDP Concept SDK Beta 0.3.1, Nokia edition" emulator
    "Series 90 MIDP Concept SDK Beta 0.1" emulator
    Nokia 7210 (real device)

    But there it does not work:

    "Series_60_MIDP_SDK_for_Symbian_OS_v_1_2_1" (EPOC Emulator)
    Nokia 7650 (V 3.16, 15-08-02)

    The 7650 stops responding for the application, means, the phone still
    works correctly, but the application can only be exited, the "Back"
    command I implemented does not work for the moment on where I try to
    access the HTTP data.

    In the emulator, after about 30 seconds an java.io.IOException with the
    Message "Status -20019" is thrown. If I try it again, the status number
    changes to "Status -191".

    So, can anyone please help me or has a hint for me?

    Thanks in advance!

    Best regards,

    Michael

    --
    http://www.mkcs.at/
    The specified e-mail-address is valid and will be read.

    Michael Kremser, Oct 26, 2004