HttpContext.Cache

George Ter-Saakov

What is HttpContext.Cache for ?
The usual HttpRequest lasts miliseconds.
Why would someone to cache anything?

We do have HttpContext.Items to keep any extra info during the request.

Can someone explain me the use of the HttpContext.Cache.

Thanks.
George.

Nicole Calinoiu

George,

HttpContext.Cache actually points to the application cache, not some
request-specific cache. This property is just one of the several ways to
access the application cache.

HTH,
Nicole

George Ter-Saakov

Thanks.
I wish documentation would reflect that.

All MSDN says is "The Cache object for the current HTTP request."
So naturally I thought it's per request.

George.

Nicole Calinoiu

If you click through on the Cache definition in that help topic, it'll lead
you back to the app cache topic. Not at all obvious, but it is there...