HttpContext.Current.Session - should i or shouldn't i

Guest

Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of converting all our apps Session variables
(Session("something") = "something else"). I have a few values which I'd like
to store in memory (per session). These values may or may not be frequently
changed during the course of the session. Because of the possibility of the
web app being shared across multiple processors (servers), the Session("")
can lose its value, therefore I'd like to store it somewhere so that it can
retain its value independent of the hardware.
First of all, is HttpContext.Current.Session("Something") the same as
Session("Something")? If it is then ...doh!.. is there any other ways of
storing it?
If it's not....yey!.. then can i use it to store session values without
worrying about it losing its value as it goes from one processor to the next?

Any suggestion is greatly welcomed.
KD

Josh

You can set the web server to store session data in a SQL server, google for
that old bean.