HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated

paul

Hi,

Quick question - does HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated
perform a hit on the database if using forms authentication?

Just wondering if I should perform this once when a user logs into my
site then store in a session as to not repeatidly hit the database as
the user navigates around my site.

Thanks v much,

Paul.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello (e-mail address removed),

no - the IPrincipal on Context.User is created in the AuthenticateRequest
event - you are doing a normal Property lookup.

code for GenericIdentity:

public virtual bool IsAuthenticated
{
get