HttpContext

Martin Madreza

Hello,

i searched 2days for a solution and maybe someone can help me.

I'm programmin' a C# Assemblie and don't know which class I should use
for a WebRequest where I can hold the connection like in the
InternetExplorer.

I connect to http://www.mypage.com:7070/main?name=myname&pass=mypass

with HttpWebResponse and GetResponse or with a WebClient. Both ways
deliver me the right page. I'm logged in!

Now I want to get the http://www.mypage.com:7070/topframe page but I'm
no longer logged in. How can I hold the connection? I tried with
System.Web.HttpContext, WebClient or
http://www.mypage.com:7070/topframe?name=myname&pass=mypass and
searched the hole Web for information...

Does the HttpContext work in C# programs?

How does the IE handel this? i hope some on got an idea or know where
i can find informations.

MM

Steve Jansen

Hi Martin,

The response from
http://www.mypage.com:7070/main?name=myname&pass=mypass likely includes
some authentication token, such as an authentication cookie or a
redirect to a URL with a querystring token.

I would examine intializing the HttpWebClient.CookieContainer property,
so that your client receives and maintains the state of cookies when
communicating with the remote web app.

Try the C# code below.

Hope it helps,
Steve

using System;
using System.IO; // Stream
using System.Net; /* Uri, HttpWebRequest, HttpWebResponse, Uri
WebException */

namespace Sample
{

class WebExample
{
static int Main()
{
Uri loginUri = new
Uri("http://www.mypage.com:7070/main?name=myname&pass=mypass");
Uri contentUri = new Uri("http://www.mypage.com:7070/topframe");
CookieContainer cookies = new CookieContainer();
HttpWebRequest request;
HttpWebResponse response;
Stream responseStream;

try
{
request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(loginUri);
request.CookieContainer = cookies;
response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
Console.WriteLine("HTTP {0:D} {1}", response.StatusCode,
response.ResponseUri);

request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(contentUri );
request.CookieContainer = cookies;
response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
responseStream = response.GetResponseStream();

Console.WriteLine("HTTP {0:D} {1}", response.StatusCode,
response.ResponseUri);

// read responseStream
responseStream.Close();
}
catch(WebException ex)
{
// handle exception here
Console.WriteLine("Exception: {0}", ex.ToString());
}

return 0;