    at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

    PL.

    PL, Nov 10, 2005

  2. PL

    Patrice Guest

    Never had this one. My guess would be defining a session variable after
    having flushed the response buffer. Try perhaps a sequence such
    Response.Write, Response.Flush, Session("Test")="A".

    Let' us know...

    --
    Patrice

    "PL" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > I've seen a few of these in the eventlog, what in the world would cause

    something like this,
    > why can't it save the session id cookie ??
    >
    > Exception type: HttpException
    > Exception message: Session state has created a session id, but cannot save

    it because the response was already flushed by the
    > application.
    >
    > System.Web.SessionState.SessionIDManager.SaveSessionID(HttpContext

    context, String id, Boolean& redirected, Boolean& cookieAdded)
    > at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CreateSessionId()
    > at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.DelayedGetSessionId()
    > at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnReleaseState(Object

    source, EventArgs eventArgs)
    > at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnEndRequest(Object source,

    EventArgs eventArgs)

    Patrice, Nov 10, 2005

  3. PL

    PL Guest

    But this happens on a page where I don't use any session variables at all,
    it seems it happen on the very first request and only intermittently.

    Seems like a bug to me, if someone from MS could give any insight that would be nice.

    PL.

    PL, Nov 10, 2005