HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to generate code for a value of type....

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by KMILO, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. KMILO

    KMILO Guest

    Hello Everyone,

    Firts than all thank you for taking the time to read this (and understand my poor english), Im so needed of your help.

    The problem is that im creating a basket control in c# for working in asp.net pages, the control do not make a postback for the items operations (adding,deleting, modifying, subtotals, etc) the control depends directly of the creation of three controls on the page that you putted into, a 1 htmlinputhidden, 1 htmlinputtext, 1 htmltable, (all of them running on server and created only one time, if you have the basket control into a datalist each of them must reference this set of controls) , in the first version of the control I ask the developer for the name of this controls and it works, the second version I was try to get the controls by the property grid of the page, referencing the type of each control directly like this:

    private HtmlInputHidden _cajadetexto;
    [Bindable(false),Category("Data"),PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty),TypeConverter(typeof(System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden))]
    //,EditorAttribute(typeof(System.Web.UI.Design.HtmlControlDesigner), typeof(System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden))]
    public virtual HtmlInputHidden CajaDeTexto
    {
    get {return _cajadetexto;}
    set {_cajadetexto = value;}
    }

    and implementing this way for all the other controls, I set the values in design time, and run time the following error appears:

    Unable to generate code for a value of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden'. This error occurred while trying to generate the property value for CajaDeTexto.

    I think that the typeconverter causes the problem, but im not sure of this.

    Thanks In Advance.

    KMILO, Apr 25, 2005