HttpHandler not working when deployed in a virtual directory

Guest

Hello,
We are using a user control and a HttpHandler to display an image in a grid.
The images are stored in a RDBMS. Here is the approach that we use in brief.
The cells are added to the grid in the page load. One of the cell is the
control. The control Response.Writes an img tag. The src for the img tag is
"something.img". Now we have a HttpHandler for *.img, the hander reads the
image from DB and does a Response.BinaryWrite. Everything is working fine
when we run it in Visual Studio (debug / run). But when we deploy it in a
virtual directory, the images are not displayed (shows a thumbnail "red
cross"). We did add the handler in web.config, and in IIS.

Dev Env: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta
OS: Windows XP Professional with SP2
ASP: ASP .Net 2.0

Any clues?

Thanks,