HTTPHandler to create, write file and account privileges

Guest

Hi,

I need to use an HTTPHandler to create and write files. I wanted to create
the file in the directory that has this handler, and other handlers. For me,
this directory is: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HttpHandlers. I get an error: "Access
to the path "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HTTPHandlers\bidhero.ccn" is denied."

I can have the code write files to other locations just fine. I'm using
ASP.net v.1.1 on Windows XP, and Windows 2003.

1. Which would be the best place to create and write this file to? This is
not a temporary file. Once created, it will be there for the length of the
application.

2. I've read several posts regarding this error, and they talk of account
privileges. How do I know which account is running this program, and how do
I change account privileges? How safe is it to change privileges to allow a
process to write?

Thanks.
-Shefali