HttpHelper not called

Polaris T

I’m trying to get a httphanlder to add a jpg to a aspx page but iis 6 is
refusing to call the handler. The code runs ok when I run it from the VS 2005
development environment but fails when deployed. The page loads but I just
see a place holder for the image with a little red cross in the corner.

I’ve added the httphandler to the web.config file and this looks ok.

I also think iis is finding the assembaly ok. (If I change the name of the
class or name space in web.config I get an error when I try to load the page)

<httpHandlers>

<add verb="*" path="*.jpg" type="Info.JpgHandler" />

</httpHandlers>

I’ve added .jpg to the ScriptMaps tag in the metabase.xml file for the
server. This looks ok as the addition can be viewed and changed in the iis
management console for the correct virtual directory and the changes are
reflected in the metabase file. I’ve also unchecked ‘Verify file exists’ and
checked ‘Script engine’.

Can anyone suggest a way forward?