httpmail protocol

Guoqi Zheng

Hi,

I am writing an email application, I have implemented the POP protocol. I
noticed many email server also using httpmail protocol. However I could not
find any information regarding Httpmail protocol on Internet.

Anyone know where to get some docs regarding Httpmail?

--
Regards,

Guoqi Zheng
Yardi Technology Limited
Xiamen, China
T +86 592 5550586
F +86 592 5550596
M +86 13599520115
W http://www.chinasoftware.eu

bruce barker

httpmail is hotmail's (msn) private protocol, it is not documented. you
can reverse engineer it (some have), but it can change without notice
(and has).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guoqi Zheng

I do not think it is a private protocol from Hotmail because several of our
email servers do support HTTP mail.

bruce barker

I believe hotmail updated their protocol in May, so this library will need to
be updated to support the changes.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)