HTTPModule not intercepting requests to DLL handler.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by munglet@hotmail.com, Oct 25, 2006.

    I've created the sample HTTPModule from here (
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307996/EN-US/ ) and it works great when
    a request to an .aspx page is made from the browser.

    What I don't understand and I'm hoping someone can explain to me is why
    isn't the module being executed when requests to a .dll resource is
    being made?

    On the site in question I'm configured the msmdpump.dll in order to
    achieve "HTTP Access to SQL Server 2005 Analysis Service (
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/httpasws.mspx )
    The goal of all of this is to allow HTTP access to Analysis Services,
    but I want to be able to monitor the incoming requests and cancel any
    that are not authorized (based on internal business rules).

    Notes: 1. The custom module is being applied to a Virtual Directory
    2. The dll extension has been mapped to msmdpump.dll
    3. Incoming requests to the msmdpump.dll appear in the
    W3SVC log file as shown below.

    2006-10-25 16:32:30 W3SVC1 99.88.33.62 POST /olap/msmdpump.dll - 80
    MY_DOMAIN\munglet 10.62.61.62 MSOLAP+9.0+Client 200 0 0

    Am I trying to solve this problem the wrong way or am I missing
    something?

    Thanks.

    -M
    , Oct 25, 2006