HttpModule session state null for .zip files

Guest

I've added a HttpModule that checks access rights to zip files on my web
site. The problem is that HttpContext.Current.Session is always null for zip
files (even late in the pipeline - I've tried EndRequest,
Pre/PostRequestHandlerExecute, AcquireRequestState). For aspx files the
Session is initialized as expected.

Any ideas on why this might be?

I've added the .zip extension to be handled by aspnet_isapi.dll. Is there
anything else I should do. I've tried mapping .zip to different HttpHandlers
as well (PageFactory which doesn't work at all and StaticFileHandler that
produces the exact same result as above).

Really need some help on this one...

Brock Allen

I'd suggest running ethereal or some other network sniffer to see if the
Session cookie is being passed.